In this world of parallel dynes, pure:dyne has been created to provide a complete and ready made environment for artists and developers who are looking for a system dedicated to real time audio and video processing.
The dyne:II project provides tools and an optimized platform to try out and work on a large range of applications. The pure:dyne customization by goto10 comes with optimized and tested software such as supercollider, icecast, csound, packet forth, fluxus and much more, including of course pure data and a great collection of essential externals and abstractions (PDP, PiDiP, Gem, GridFlow, RRadical, PixelTango …). Thanks to the dyne:II compatibility all the Home Studio classics” have not been forgotten (Ardour, LADSPA, seq24, Rezound …) and numerous essential graphics software are also bundled (Inkscape, Gimp, Blender …).
The pure:dyne project is a growing community effort maintained by media artists for media artists. It is an ideal platform for audiovisual performances, installations and FLOSS+ART workshops.
It is available as both a dyne:II compatible module, and a full low latency desktop i686 Live GNU/Linux distribution, working from hard drive, CD, CF/MD or USB key.
– Jack oriented GNU/Linux distribution
– Complete FLOSS Home studio solution and live performance system
– No bloat ! fast minimal desktops (fluxbox, evilwm, dwm)
– Live Distribution (works the same on CD, HD, USB, …)
– multiuser support
– Low Latency Kernel (Ingo Molnar’s -rt kernel patches)
– Support for Firewire audio devices (FreeBoB inside)
– Optional support for NVIDIA and ATI evil blobs
– mmx + sse gcc optimisations applied when relevant
– Compatible with any dyne:II modules
– Easy installation, maintenance and update
– SDK tools (dynesdk + milkman) and gcc included for customisations
– International Languages support
Leave a Reply