VISP is short for visual performer. It is an opensource visual performance application built with Adobe® AIR™. Here are a few of its key features and focuses:
* Built with Adobe® AIR™ using Flex™ and ActionScript 3.
* Works on both Windows and Mac platforms.
* Outputs a max resolution of 640×480 to a second screen.
* Supports MIDI input via a separate Java application (watch the screencast).
* Emphasis on performing the content rather than managing a complex user interface.
* Use transitions to more seamlessly move from one piece of content to another.
* Use up to two filters simultaneously to add post-render effects to your output.
* Create your own custom content, transitions, and filters with ActionScript 3.
* Geared toward generative content, not video clip triggering.
* Source code is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2.
* Intentionally feature-deprived to impose constraints, allowing you to focus on your content and creativity.