Did you know:
- YouTube, SoundCloud and other sites only allow registered users (or Gmail account holders) to leave comments and send messages to one another.
- Because Terre is not registered with any social media sites, nor Gmail, he has no way of directly sending you a friendly takedown request.
- YouTube, SoundCloud and other sites refuse to forward friendly messages from non-registered users such as Terre to registered users. (Yes, she has spoken to YouTube and SoundCloud at length about this. At this time, both companies refuse to implement open communication between registered and non-registered users.)
- Even if you write on your YouTube or SoundCloud page, “Hey artist, I’m a big fan! Contact me if you want this taken down!” the corporate policies of the websites you are using prohibit Terre from contacting you.
- Therefore, with no way to contact you directly, Terre’s only option is to file a ‘copyright claim’ – which he hates doing! Anyone familiar with Terre’s work knows she has always been critical of copyright, authorship, originality, creativity, and any other ego-claims to production processes. That has not changed! This situation makes him incredibly stressed, frustrated and sad. The ironies and hypocrisies of the situation cut deeply!
- …So do angry emails received from YouTube and SoundCloud users after their uploads are removed, and ‘strikes’ have been placed against their accounts. Please realize your problem is not with Terre. It is with the communication policies of YouTube, SoundCloud, etc. Those policies, in combination with your actions, are forcing Terre’s hand. This is truly regrettable for everyone.