Summer School in Sound and Music Computing
Casa Paganini-InfoMus Lab, Genova, Italy, June 9-11, 2008
This Summer School is organized by Casa Paganini – InfoMus Lab in Genova, Italy (www.infomus.org and www.casapaganini.org), with the goal of promoting interdisciplinary education and research in the field of Sound and Music Computing (SMC). The School is aimed at graduate students working on their Master or PhD thesis, but it is open to any person carrying out research in this field.
This is the fourth SMC Summer School. The first two were organized by the European Project Coordination Action IST-FET S2S² (Sound to Sense – Sense to Sound) in Genova (2005) and Barcelona (2006). Last year the Summer School took place in Stockholm.
* 6 hours of lectures on this year main topics of the School;
* 3 hours of oral presentations by the participating students and discussions on their research work with the committee/teachers;
* Poster presentations by the participating students during coffee breaks (1 hour every day of the School);
* 6 hours hands-on activities by the participating students in collaboration with the committee/teachers of the School;
* this year the SMC Summer School is held in connection with the NIME08 Intl. Conference (see http://nime2008.casapaganini.org). The participating students will have free access to the NIME Workshops on June 4 and June 8, including oral presentations and discussions by experts from industries and by leaders of EU funded projects in the field of Sound and Music Computing. The participating students will also benefit of the reduced student fee for admission at the NIME08 Conference (June 4-7).
All students will work on mini-projects focusing on the two themes of the Summer School. Results of the mini-projects will be presented on the final day of the School. Mini-projects will give the opportunity for hands-on activities such as testing software tools or planning of experiments. The organisers will prepare materials for small projects involving the EyesWeb XMI open software platform (www.eyesweb.org) on the topics of the school.
Registration deadline: May 15, 2008
For more information on the program and on how to apply, please contact: email@example.com