Sound Development City 2014 is an artistic expedition that starts on August 28th in Riga and ends on September 13th 2014 in Helsinki. 12 selected artists working with sound, moving image, performance and in other cultural fields develop projects based on the expedition’s theme ‘Mind the Gap!’.
The Sound Development City 2014 participants and projects are:
- John Grzinich (US/EE) – ‘Listening in Context’
- Vivian Caccuri (BR) – ‘Silent Walk’
- Ma?gorzata Goliszewska (PL) – ‘Twins’ & ‘In my Sleep’
- Andreas Oskar Hirsch (DE) – ‘What the heck are they talking about?’
- Richard Eigner (AT) – ‘Doch wo ist der Schnee vom letzten Jahr?’
- Rachel S. James (US)- ‘How to Be a(n) <#$>>’
- YangFan Li (CN)- ‘Trip Jigsaw’
- Moritz Wettstein (CH) – ‘Rap Machine’
- Maša Drndi? (HR) – ‘On Nostalgia’
- Tiago Romagnani Silveira (BR/DE) & AEAEAEAE (NO/DE) – ‘Untitled’
- Ruth Danon (IL) – ‘Tel Aviv – Beirut’
The participants document their expedition, the progress of the projects and impressions by posting sounds, images, texts and thoughts in the right column of this site. In the middle column, you find news regarding the everyday program and general information. The left columnis being fed by our Expedition Writer Uwe Lützen, who lays open the underlying topics, as well as connections between the artists and their projects.
Gap Station – online radio and radio transmissions. We are broadcasting on the ‘Gap Station’, an online radio that is generated out of the sounding works of the expedition’s artists and content produced during the expedition. Also, we broadcast daily radio transmissions with the artists. The player and the archive of radio transmissions can be found in the top right corner.
Leave a Reply