CALL FOR ELECTROACOUSTIC MINIATURES
Miso Music Portugal and the Música Viva Festival 2008 invites composers to send electroacoustic miniatures to be diffused at the “Sound Walk” installation during the Música Viva Festival 2008 from the 19th to the 27th of September at Belem Arts Centre in Lisbon.
The Sound Walk is an outdoor stereo installation along the 100 meter walk way that leads to the main entrances of the Belem Arts Centre concert halls. Several loudspeakers will be placed on each side of this walk way, and the “Sound Walk” will be running daily during the festival from 10am until 12pm.
1) There are no restrictions according to age or nationality.
2) The aim of the call is the creation of sound miniatures using the language of Electro-acoustic music. The minimum duration is of two minutes, and the maximum of five minutes. Pieces that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
3) Only one piece per composer may be presented.
4) Only audio CDs will be accepted.
5) The composer of the piece must also record on separate tracks on the CD to be sent, his/her name and the title of his/her piece spoken aloud. This will work as an announcement for each piece and will be placed before each piece during the “Sound Walk” installation.
6) Pieces must be sent by registered mail to:
Música Viva 2008 – Sound Walk – Rua do Douro 92 Rebelva, 2775-318, Parede Portugal
7) The name of the participant, a short biography and contacts should also be enclosed, as well as information about the piece (methods used, concept, etc.)
8) The closing date for sending the pieces and extra informations is the 25th August 2008, postmarked.
9) A maximum of 25 miniatures from all those entered will be selected and diffused at “Sound Walk”.
9) Participation in this call implies the acceptance of its rules.