Para su número 25, la revista Leonardo Music Journal acaba de anunciar convocatoria de cierto interés.
Fecha límite de entrega de propuestas: 15 de octubre de 2014.
Fecha límite de entrega de artículos: 2 de enero de 2015.
Orientación editorial y hoja de estilo para autores.
LMJ25 Call for Papers: The Politics of Sonic Art
Call for Papers: LMJ25 — The Politics of Sonic Art
For Volume 25 of Leonardo Music Journal we are soliciting articles (papers of up to 3,000 words) and shorter statements (750-1,000 words) that address the role of politics in the creation and dissemination of music and related sonic arts, especially in those genres employing new technological tools. Possible areas of attention include (but are not limited to):
- The mechanisms by which sonic art can represent and communicate political content without recourse to language.
- Creative activity under precarious conditions in zones of war, repression and censorship.
- Historical and political divisions between the categories of technician, composer, and inventor in electronic music studios and live performance.
- How gendered, racial, cultural, and class privileges operate in technologically driven music.
- The relationship of phonography and sound walks to environmental activism.
- The ecological politics of computers and other of short-lifespan materials (recycling vs. landfills).
- The development of alternative music controllers in response to disabilities.
- Who benefits and who loses in a file-sharing market?
15 October 2014: Rough proposals due.
2 January 2015: Submission of finished articles.
Address proposals and inquiries to Nicolas Collins, Editor in Chief, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editorial guidelines and information for authors can be found at www.leonardo.info/Authors.
Note: LMJ is a peer-reviewed journal. All manuscripts are reviewed by LMJ editors, editorial board members and/or members of the LMJ community prior to acceptance.
Leave a Reply