For the year 2009, the Futura festival is searching tape sound works around the subject of the « body », in particular the sensuality “sensuality” in mind (but that do not exclude others aspect linked with the notion of « body »).. This theme is a way show that acousmatic music, even if its created and staged with machines, still place mostly in its center the human being.
The festival will take place in August, 2009 to Crest (Drôme, France)
The submission :
– the limited number of submissions is 2 works by composer
– Only sonic works on tape medium should be submitted (acousmatic, concret, radiophonic art…).
Please do not send proposals for live electronics or performances.
– Preference is given to stereophonic musics.
– Works with a video projection are also encouraged.
– Deadline for reception of works on CD Audio only (not cd-r or DVD-Audio) or DVD (for videos) before february 28, 2009 (post-marked ) to the following address : Futura, 62, avenue de Flandre F-75019 Paris, France.
– Fill necessarily the form you’ll find below and send it by email: email@example.com
– Also send by email a program note about the submitted work (20 lines max), a short biography and a picture (.tiff or .jpg) to firstname.lastname@example.org