Winning entries will be performed on December 6th, 2008 in Art Center of South Florida at Miami Beach, Fl.
12 Nights is a monthly thematic concert series of computer music and art organized at the Harold Golen Gallery in Miami, Florida from December 2007 to December 2008. To this day, the concerts have included the music and multimedia art of over forty composers and artists from around the globe, and have featured live performances by numerous acts, including N. Collins, S. Pluta, the SofIA Ensemble and the FIU Laptop and Electronic Arts Ensemble.
The purpose of this competition is to select up to three works and present them at the series’ final concert. The Harold Golen Gallery’s December exhibit will focus on the 1950’s—1980’s Japanese Kaiju Science Fiction movie art (Kaiju means a big monster such as Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah). The exhibit and concert will happen at the Art Center of South Florida on Lincoln Road, a premiere location on Miami Beach, during the world’s largest contemporary art fair, Art Basel Miami 2008, guaranteeing exposure to a large public audience.
Submitted work(s) must:
(a) Relate to the Kaiju Science Fiction art
(b) Engage digital media
(c) Have a performance aspect
1. An application form (which can be downloaded from here).
2. A short narration about how the piece relates to Kaiju Science Fiction (500 words maximum).
3. A brief biography (250 words maximum) Group members must submit their biographies individually.
4. An audio CD and/or DVD with the recording of the work.
5. A data CD with the computer components such as code, patches, tracks, technical documentation, etc.
6. A printed copy of the score and any other performance materials (if applicable).