FIELD NOTES: “Writings on Sound” (Issue #1, May 2008)
Field Notes is a bi-lingual magazine published by Gruenrekorder – a German label primarily specializing in Phonography (respectively Field Recordings) and Sound Art.
Our first issue – published in May 2008 – features six articles, written by Costa Gröhn, Tanja Hemm, Christoph Korn, Stefan Militzer, Marcus Obst (aka Dronæment) & Aaron Ximm (aka Quiet American).
1. Christoph Korn: Reflections on Sound
2. Costa Gröhn: 8 Theses on Field Recordings
3. Marcus Obst: Unterbecken Markersbach/The Magic of Nature & Electricity
4. Stefan Militzer: Tones, Sounds & Noises/Part 1: A Small Typology of Sound
5. Tanja Hemm: Location, Sound, Listener, Listening/Thoughts on Site Specific Sound Installation
6. Aaron Ximm: Sound, Music, Art?/Searching for a Personal Aesthetic