Applications are invited for a two-year position in the Music Technology Group (MTG) commencing immediately. The position will give the opportunity to write a Ph.D. thesis.
This post is part of ProSeMus project, a three-year research project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Education. The project is aimed at the development of models and tools for the semantic analysis and processing of music. The successful applicant will be involved in the development of systems for expressive performance of music, and performance-based interpreter identification using algorithms and machine learning techniques developed within the project.
Musts for this position :
1. Masters degree in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
2. Solid programming skills (e.g. in C++, Matlab, Python)
3. Basic knowledge of music theory, Signal Processing and Machine Learning
4. Background in Psychology, Cognitive Science, or Music Theory may be considered as well provided that a solid background in Computer Science.
5. BA or BSc in a related topic and proven experience in the field of computer music may be also considered.
The working language in our Lab is English.
Interested people should send a resume to Salvador Gurrera.