V.I STEREO TO 5.1 CONVERTER VST PLUGIN SUITE
V.I. is a free VST plugin for designed to convert a stereo input to a 5.1 audio output. You can then save this data in a file and encode it into a surround sound file using appropriate software. V.I cannot go back into a recording studio and separate the original multitrack audio into separate channels, but it can extract ambience information embedded in the stereo audio and redistribute it among 5.1 channels. Recording engineers, audio engineers and enthusiasts have been doing this kind of thing for years in one way or another. V.I simply combines some of their techniques in one VST plugin.
• Width correction helps compensate for source files that were mixed too narrow or too wide.
• Independent controls for adding ambience to the front or rear soundstage.
• Pass-through of original left and right signals ensures accurate reproduction of original stereo imaging (when not in Movie Mode).
• Companion fLfR, CLFE, and sLsR VST plugins duplicate V.I’s effects in channel pairs for VST hosts that do not support multichannel plugins such as V.I.
• Movie Mode switch redirects some dialog frequencies from front left and right channels to the center channel to enhance dialog while still maintaining a good stereo soundstage.
• On/off control for A-B monitoring of effect.
• Switchable LFE channel.
Vía : gaussian