AudioGames.net is a site dedicated to audio games (games based on sound) and blind-accessible games. Originally this site started out as a database of audio games only, but due to the massive response of the blind community, we’ve broadened the scope of the website. On this website you can find:
* the biggest online archive of audio games and blind-accessible games (including developer links, download links, descriptions, audio reviews, and other information about the games)
* articles on audio games and blind-accessible games (ranging from popular web articles to academic research)
* cheats, walkthroughs and trainers for audio games and blind accessible games
* a list of mods of existing audio games and blind accessible games
* a forum to support the community
* Submit-a-Game functionality, through which you can add games to the archive yourself
* a huge link-list, linking to the most important links in the field
What exactly is an audio game?
An audio game is a game that consists (only) of sound. Its gamemechanics are usually based on the possibilites of sound as well. Usually (but not always) audio games have only auditive (so no visual!) output. Audio games are NOT specifically games for the blind! It is true that most audio games around at the moment are developed by and for the blind community. But we think audio games have the potentional to be a genre on its own due to the immense undiscovered possibilities of sound. We believe that audio games have the potentional to be a complete gaming genre on its own. Audiogames.net aims to promote audio games and support and inform the audio game community. By providing a clear view on the audio game genre we also contribute to evergrowing game industry who is only just now beginning to recognize some of the potentials of sound.