Cornell – Bioacoustics Research Program (BRP)
The Bioacoustics Research Program (BRP) is a unit within the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. BRP develops digital recording equipment, computer software, and algorithms that are used by scientists around the world to study animal communication and to monitor the health of wildlife populations. BRP is also pioneering new techniques for censusing and tracking wildlife with arrays of microphones placed in natural environments around the globe.
* Acoustic maps of ocean noise reveal how shipping traffic affects whales: Cornell Chronicle
* Eavesdropping on elephants: WAMU Radio
* Katy Payne video presentation about elephants on PopTech website.
* 60 Minutes highlights endangered forest elephants and the Elephant Listening Project.
* 2010 Sound Analysis Workshops
Leave a Reply